Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Reroute

The brunch plans Torres and I made for yesterday took a turn upon arrival in the Fort Worth Stockyards.  Seems that due to some street repairs, Dos Molinas was closed for two days.

Torres suggested another nearby restaurant instead, The Cattlemen's Steakhouse of Fort Worth.  I'm easy, as long as they don't try to serve me beef or pork, so we went there instead.

Glad we did, I had a blast!  I received a personal tour from the manager, Amy Marschall, who like me, is a transplant in Texas, and enjoys the stockyards because it's the next best thing to being in the country when we're stuck in the city.

Amy's from Pennsylvania, and seems to have as much of a fondness of the Fort Worth Stockyards as I do.  She was easy to talk with, very accomodating and friendly.  I liked her instantly.  It's great to go out and get acquainted with fun folks who are approachable with a positive attitude.

The Cattlemen's Steakhouse of Fort Worth, Texas
The Cattlemen's is a very cool place to dine.  The menu is large, the service was excellent, the food was wonderful and the interior is amazing!  So, if you're in town, please give it a go!

When I got home, Luke Skywalker - Trinity River Pack mate, and part of the Muscle Next Door, joined me in cutting the back-yard jungle down to size.  If he'd not shown up to lend a hand, I'd still be scooping wet grass out of the back of a clogged up lawnmower, and making sweeps with the weed-eater.  By the time we finished, I was beyond filthy and covered in wet-green-grass-goop from head to toe.  I was also bruised and bleeding in several places from mower-missiles.

Plans for today included a cycle trip this morning with Lukas and Torres.  But, to my dismay, I woke up with a crashing migraine and had to cancel.

Torres and Luke Skywalker
Trinity River Trail in Fort Worth, Texas
Thankfully, both were understanding, and didn't get terribly annoyed with me over it.  I'm happy to have friends who are understanding like that.

It was a big disappointment.  We finally have superb weather to ride in, and the trails are dried out for the first time in weeks.  All that, and I was off work too, which meant we could have stretched it out to put in either a lot of time in the woods, or a lot of miles along the Trinity River Trail.

It's been so many weeks since we've gotten to ride, I'm thinking I'll be really saddle-sore after our next outing.  The first few rides of the season are always the worst for rear-wear.  Next ride will be like starting all over again.

Pushing aside the negatives of the day, the positive part is that I was able to get a review published on The Cattlemen's for Hubpages, and get some editing done as well.  I also got some great tips for interviews and articles from Amy Marschall at the restaurant yesterday that I'm looking forward to following up on.

And, I've got a few new faces to add to the Veterans Honors page here on femme's desk. That part I'm THRILLED about!

God bless, thanks for the read and keeping up with me, and don't forget to thank a Vet at your next opportunity!

femmeflashpoint

5 comments:

Lethal Leprechaun said...

You know there a biteen o' craic going about that there was a Dragon sighting in the stockyards yesterday afternoon while you were out and about. Supposedly he was a strange Robin's Egg Blue sporting a thin cigar and a perpetual cuppa coffee.

Unknown said...

Lethal,

So I read. :)

Sadly, I missed him. If I'd have known he was in town, I'd have bought his steak myself, lol.

I was there with Torres to do a restaurant review on Cattlemen's, so there was no time for roaming.

femme

Lethal Leprechaun said...

Rumor has it that he may yet return to the Cattle yard in hopes of conning a cowboy into driving one by him so he might bite a Dragon sized snack off it.

The Stockyard is fortunate there are no all you can eat beef buffets there as I expect one visit form a Dragon could bankrupt them in short order.

Unknown said...

Lethal,

Please pass to Impish, that if it's beef he's after, on his next visit to Cowtown, go to Riscky's in the Stockyards Train Station.

They will pile on all the smoked beef ribs he can eat, and last time I checked the price was still $9.99 for their endless ribs dinner.

Most of my Texan friends prefer beef ribs over steak any day. And, Riscky's is the only place I've eaten beef in a few years now.

It's Riscky's in the train station, not the Riscky's Steak House, which is on the same street, and just as big, but west of the train station.

They've got big enough ribs to fill up the hungriest of dragons. :)

femme

Lethal Leprechaun said...

Done.