Monday, March 26, 2012

A Near Miss ....

Last night's DFW International Airport-meet was a disappointment.

A writer, a realllly GOOD writer, on Hubpages, that I've recently gotten acquainted with, had a layover, and we'd planned a short meet & greet. 

Love Field Airport - Dallas, Texas
However, G.J. didn't find me, I didn't find him, and he was without a mobile.  DFW is massive, and for folks who haven't come through it before, it can be confusing.  I've been in it to pick up and drop off decedents and donor tissue, as well as flying in and out of the place many more times than I ever wanted to.  (I hate flying, by the way, in event I've never mentioned that before.)  With all the trips I've made in and out of there, I still get frustrated with navigating through it. 

My favorite airport in this area will likely always be Love Field.  THAT'S an airport that's set up for easy navigation, and actually has a lobby with a coffee shop that's hospitable for visitors to spend time with friends or family that have lay-overs, or while waiting for them to catch a flight.  Southwest Airlines is also my favorite group to fly with.  They almost manage to cause me to enjoy flying.  Not quite, but they're very close in pulling it off.  The attendants are great company, and the flight crew is courteous, comical and appreciative.  I can't say any of those things about American Airlines, or Delta, and I've flown with both of those many times as well.  Southwest has ugly aircraft, but on the inside, you have elbow room, leg-stretch room, and plenty of friendly faces to make the flight more bearable.

Southwest Airlines Aircraft
Love Field - Dallas, Texas


G.J., don't be discouraged.  We'll hook up sooner or later, and maybe we'll get lucky enough that it won't have to be at DFW. As a long-time acquaintance used to reiterate frequently, "Hope springs eternal."  I say a long-time acquaintance because with some folks, you might think you know them, and then you find out you never really knew them at all.  Regardless of the friendship ending, I still remember the phrase frequently, and use it often.

G.J. Falcone
_Writer_
If you've got a bit of reading time to spend, G.J. Falcone's work is an excellent way to spend it.  And, if you're in support of U.S. Veterans, G.J. Falcone not only qualifies as being a U.S. Veteran, some of his articles highlight those folks who should never be forgotten for the sacrifices they've made.

Added to that, G.J. is a Christian, and it shows in his work, all in good ways.  So, I encourage you to get acquainted with him, have a read, leave him a comment, and let him know he's doing a great job. :)

This afternoon I have a brunch-meet with Torres.  We're heading a bit further west in the Fort Worth Stockyards today, to Molinas.  I'll be doing a review on it later, for Hubpages, and I hope you'll give it a read.

wish we were heading to the bike trails, however, if I let the jungle in the back yard get any thicker, I'll have to mow it with a tractor and brush hog.  I only have a Briggs & Stratton, which has been an excellent mower, but it's already thick enough to put a strain on it.  The bush whacking will take up enough hours to knock me out of any cycling this afternoon. 

Jared Hall  - Trinity River Pack
adjusting for a downhill at Gateway Park
That's ok.  The Muscle Next Door agreed to show up for snake-patrol and weed-eating, which will be a big help and will leave me free tomorrow to maybe THEN get in some blading or cycling.

As I wrote up top, "Hope springs eternal ... "

Have a great day!  God bless!  Thanks for the read, and don't forget to find a Vet today and say, "Thank you!"

femmeflashpoint

2 comments:

gjf said...

That was my fault Femmeflashpt. I should have risen above the circumstances. I was overwhelmed by the enormity and unfamilarity of the surroundings. No excuse. I get easily distracted by shiny objects. I assure you it was a lesson learned to maintain focus. I am so disappointed in my failure to achieve such an easy assignment.

Unknown said...

GJ,

There is no such thing as an easy assignment when DFW International is involved, lol!!!

And, if you think the inside of that place is confusing, the oustide can cause a meltdown in confusion of the most analytical of minds!

My friend, no worries! When it's time to meet up, God will ensure to help us arrange it. :)

femme