Saturday, April 7, 2012

Breakfast Pop, Frog Prince, Dallas Thompson, Old Poolman and Wayne Brown - just to get you started ...

I've calmed down, and climbed down from that high-horse I was riding a few days ago.

I can't seem to maintain a furious frenzy for long.  A smile always manages to break through, causing the storm to dissipate.

That's a good thing.  I'd hate to be one of those bitter, angry people who live out their lives wearing a perpetual frown and scowel, never finding anything to be happy about.

That's just not how I want to spend the majority of my time, but as I told Lethal, my fed-up-with-the-Fed, reprehensible RINOs (Republicans In Name Only), and their partners in crime, and the free-loader-is-the-way-to-go Liberals, I'd simply had it.

There is a gentleman who lives in our neighborhood.  He served 13 years in the U.S. Military.  He's disabled, and receives less than $900 a month to pay his bills with, and less than $18 a month for food stamps.

And yet, we have hundreds of people living in the same city, who've done nothing more than sneak into our state illegally, have never contributed to the welfare of this country, and yet they receive HUNDREDS of dollars in food stamps every month, as well as breaks on housing, education and medical fees.  Not only do they get this assistance, compliments of the We The People Paying Taxes, they invite their friends and family to come on over and get their "free government benefits" too!

The U.S. Government has no money!  WE THE PEOPLE have the money, which Uncle Sam is quite liberal in taking from us, and dispensing it at our expense, to those who haven't contributed a thing to maintain even an adequate economy, let alone a flourishing one.

On the bright side, while there's still time to hope, pray and at least TRY to turn things around, we have an opportunity to bring about change, starting at the bottom.

I urge you to pay attention, be involved, let your voice be heard.  Get to know who's representing you, starting with your local precinct chair-people.  What's their agenda?  Do they have the people's best interest at heart?

They have these great little pocket-sized copies of the United States Constitution.  Get one.  Read it.  Know you're rights, and be willing to fight for them, while we still have something to fight for.

There are also loads of free resources to help you keep your ear to the ground, so to speak, and hear what's rumbling down the tracks right your way.  Several of those resources are writers, who are not involved with the mainstream media, or on the bandwagon simply to be entertainers with great ratings.

Here's a list of a few to get you started: Breakfastpop, The Frog Prince, Dallas Thompson, Old Poolman, and Wayne Brown.  Simply click on their names, have a read, and you'll see what I mean.  They'll break it down for you nice and easy and in small enough amounts to digest without taking an antacid.  At least five of the six are U.S. Military Veterans.  That alone should warrant a read.  All of them are patriots, all of them are adept at their craft in wordsmithing, and all of them care about maintaining freedom for citizens of the U.S.A.

That's at least a few to get you started.  I'll add more names to the list soon.  I simply didn't want to be overwhelming.

It used to be that little by little our freedoms as Americans were being taken from us.  Now they're falling away in large chunks, and day by day, we are becoming slaves to a corrupt governing body that affects nearly every single aspect of our day to day lives.

Even if you can only do a little, a little is much, MUCH better than nothing at all.  If you're doing nothing, then you're part of the problem.

Just something to think about.

If you think you don't have time to get involved and be informed, it comes down to this ....  How important is your freedom to you?

God bless, thanks for the read, and please don't forget to thank a Veteran at your next opportunity!

femmeflashpoint

5 comments:

Lethal Leprechaun said...

"I'd hate to be one of those bitter, angry people who live out their lives wearing a perpetual frown and scowl, never finding anything to be happy about."

Steady there now lass! I'm feeling talked about! LOL It's not mind you that I can't find anything to be happy about its the fact I suffer from a genetic defect. I genetically cannot abide fools and liars. Unfortunately there are just so damned many of them now a days causing me consternation and pain over what they are doing to out country my smiles are rare.

BTW I hope DragonLaffs get added to your list!

Unknown said...

Lethal,

I can sympathize with the feelings towards fools and fibbers, lol.

As for DragonLaffs being on the list, it's been on previous lists, but I was hesistant to include it on this one in lieu of the recent pirating issue.

Hopefully, that situation will be resolved soon.

However, those writers on this blog's list (with exception to one) have posted since the pirating episode with BigEzine, so I guessing they won't mind to be linked here.

Hopefully, it doesn't drive any bot-traffic their way.

femme

Lethal Leprechaun said...

Thanks for the consideration shown in protecting DragonLaffs from the Hideous Hindi Pirates. Would I could go drop anchor of New Deli and shell those jerks into oblivion

Lethal Leprechaun said...

BTW did you see my participation in the latest Breakfastpop Pip-Pop Awards?

I got to award those Pirates their justly deserved Pop (just wish it had been in the nose!)

http://breakfastpop.hubpages.com/hub/A-Cherry-Temple-and-the-PIP-POP-Awards

Unknown said...

Lethal,

I haven't seen it, however, I'll head there shortly to have a look!

I was THRILLED to see their site shut down!

The Muscle Next Door and I got tied up 'til the wee hours of the morning, putting up a gazebo on the back patio.

We can finally have our square-table discussions without swatting buts, or having rain sprinkling on our head.

On Monday, Seth was elected his first official position as Precinct Chairman for the Repub. Party.

I got snagged for secretary again. The only reason being I'm conservative and have better penmanship than the others, lol.

Will catch up on the B-Pop awards here shortly, and thanks for letting me know!!

Much appreciated!!

femme