Friday, April 6, 2012

Feeling the flashpoint ...

I've often acknowledged that I'm a creature of habit, at least most of the time.  I've even written on this before, but I HAVE to do it again.  After last night and this morning, it's warranted compulsory behavior.

I'm in habit of stopping by 7-11 on my way to work, where I buy a couple of extra-large, zero-cal Monster Blues, and/or coffee, put gas in the Tracker and squee-gee the windows when the tree sap's been falling.

I'm also always in a hurry because I've spent too much time at my desk at home before I head into my workout, which makes me late into the shower, and dressing, and mane-blowing and combing, and so on and so forth.

It almost never fails that when I arrive at 7-11, they're either in the middle of a drawer count, or they've got customers lined up in front of me, waiting to be checked out.  Why so many people are out after 2200 on a weeknight, shopping at 7-11 is beyond me.  I used to think, "Don't these people have jobs to go to in the morning?"

via google images
Apparently, that was a sensible question, because it seems like a whole lot of the folks shopping at night in 7-11 DON'T have jobs, and don't NEED jobs, because those of us who WORK are paying their shopping bills!

Last night, again, I was stuck behind two women, while the shop-keep filled THREE BAGS for them, with cupcakes, chips, candy, sodas and juice drinks.  Super-sized juice drinks, mind you!  Not the small sized ones.  And, guess what they paid their $30-plus bill with .... a Lone Star debit card. 

A Lone Star debit card is what folks here use for food stamps.  It's white, with a white-star-wrapped-in-blue, logo on it, with the majestic slogan, "Lone Star", laced in cute graphics across the top of the card's account number.  You know, the identification number that allows the card-holder's account to receive monies from our (as in those of us who work and pay taxes) accounts, the middle-men/women citizens' funds handlers being the U.S. government employees. 

When I finally got to purchase my own stuff (after whatever portion of my taxes paid for theirs as well), I saw them drive away in a vehicle at least ten years younger than mine.

I was so angry, if someone had touched me with a match-tip, I'd have ignited it with epidermal heat overload.  I was fuming mad.

via statesman.com
This morning, to add wood to the femme-fire, I had to stop by the most dispicable place to shop near my neighborhood.  Wal-Mart.  Not only did I have to spend my money in there, I had to bag my own groceries because at that time of the morning, the 24-hour-fast-and-friendly-service-Super-Center refuses to have actual PEOPLE operating their checkout stations.

Between the non-English-speaking Lone Star card-wielders and the looser-lanes at the Wally-World-
Super-Center, home of the Mexican imported food extravaganza, which provided the cherry on the cake to my content on Hubpages being pirated earlier this week by Indian-operated plagiarists, BigEzine.com ... I finally made it home, packing a very bad attitude.

But, God is good.

He hosed me down with some Heavenly Rain in the form of a notice that Lady Joyce McCool is doing very well after her surgery.  I'm relieved and totally thankful for that.

The other bit was in the reading of one of the freshest and funniest bits of artistry in literature I've ever come across, written by poetry-master, ahorseback on Hubpages.  If you don't like poetry, read it anyway.  It's a short, epic adventure, and not a poem.

I've cooled off enough to prevent hitting flashpoint and suffering death, or serious injury, due to spontaneous combustion.

I couldn't help but smile and say a prayer of thanks that Lady J. is doing so well.  And, when I read the article, The Night Riders of the Hubpages, I nearly threw myself into a tachycardia and arrhythmia episode while I tried to keep my laughter outbursts to a minimum.

As I said,  God's good, and He knows best how to bring my mood out of a quagmire of a temper-tempest and back into the Light where I can breath without spewing flames.

Good thing.  Going up in a puff of smoke is not the method I hope to make my exit in.

Thank you for reading my rant.  I feel much better after telling you how I REALLY feel about it ...

God bless, and don't forget to thank a Veteran at your next opportunity!

As the sign says, we'll NEED them to overthrow this corrupt, sleazy-swindling-sidewinding government we've let grow up around our ears and into our wallets!

femmeflashpoint

2 comments:

Lethal Leprechaun said...

CEASE FIRE! Stand DOWN! AT EASE!
As you were! Eat freaking chocolate by the bloody boxful if you got it!

BLOODY HELL Femme!

Lighten up on them Monster Blues and the other assorted caffeine associated beverages already!

Much more o' that out of you and people will be starting to say I've been a ruddy bad influence on ya lass for you;re starting ta sound as bad as the likes o' me when I go off on a Livid Leprechaun's Bloody Rant!

The only difference was the lack of well salted Marine adjectives in your "Christian perspective" post...I was under the impression it was the ROMANS that did the crucifying!

Unknown said...

Lethal,

I admit to overindulging with the Monster Blue and extra-large extra caffeinated coffee.

Five words: Night shift kicks my tail.

But, the reason behind the expulsion were valid, yes?

I'm not wanting to crucify anyone, however, throwing them out of office and trying them for treason seems fair to me.

I've spent a considerable amount of time in prayer of the useage of expletives.

I've spent nearly the same amount of time in prayer regarding temper issues.

One He's gotten me almost brushed clean of.

But, the temper thing is still a work in progress. (Sigh ... )

femme